Fluoroquinolone with bactericidal action, acting on the bacterial gyrase. Wide bactericidal spectrum and antimycoplasmic action.
This product is no longer in stock
Interactions and incompatibilities
• Antagonistic effects may occur in co-administration with chloramphenicol, macrolides and tetracyclines.
• Hepatic interactions may occur with other hepatic elimination drugs. Concomitant administration of enrofloxacin and theophylline may produce an increase in plasma concentrations of theophylline.
• By mouth, the simultaneous administration of substances containing magnesium, calcium and aluminum can reduce the absorption of enrofloxacin.
• In animals subjected to rehydration, avoid excessive alkalinity of the urine.
Indications and species of destination
Dogs and Cats: Treatment of individual and mixed bacterial infections of the respiratory and digestive organs, the urinary system, the ear and the skin, as well as in the treatment of wound infections.
Do not treat:
• Animals with cartilage growth disorders.
• Dogs under 12 months in small and medium breeds, and 18 months in large breeds, or who have not completed their growth phase.
• Animals with an epileptic clinical history and with nervous disorders related to GABA.
• Cases of hypersensitivity to enrofloxacin.
• Females in the gestation or lactation phase.
Occasionally, gastrointestinal disorders may occur. Alterations of the central nervous system. Hypersensitivity reactions.
Route of administration
Oral, applying the tablet directly in the mouth or mixed with the food.
Dogs and cats: 1 comp./10 kg / day, for 5 days; equivalent to 5 mg of enrofloxacin / kg / day.
• In chronic diseases and severe diseases, the duration of treatment can be extended up to 10 days.
• In case of not observing clinical improvement within 3 days, reconsider the treatment.
Do not exceed the indicated doses. In cats, doses higher than 20 mg / kg / day can cause ocular alterations.
No customer reviews for the moment.