Pexion ® ( imepitoína ) is the first treatment specifically designed for the management of canine idiopathic epilepsy .
Pexion ® is characterized by having a better safety profile than currently available treatments .
Available in packs of 100 tablets of 100 and 400 mgr .
This product is no longer in stock
Indications and species of destination
Dogs: Idiopathic Epilepsy .
• To reduce the frequency of generalized seizures due to idiopathic epilepsy .
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients .
• Do not use in dogs with severe liver function disorders, severe kidney or severe cardiovascular disorders .
• In dogs treated with imepitoína has been a slight increase in plasma levels of creatinine and cholesterol , but this increase did not exceed the normal reference ranges and was not associated with any clinically relevant effect or observation .
• Rarely, initiation of treatment has been reported polyphagia , also hyperactivity, polyuria , polydipsia , drowsiness , salivation , emesis , ataxia , lethargy , diarrhea , prolapse of the eyelid , decreased sensitivity to light and sound.
Route of administration
Dogs : 10 to 30 mg of imepitoína / kg twice daily , separated by an interval of 12 hours approximately .
• The required dosage will vary between dogs and depend on the severity of the disorder. The imepitoína recommended starting dose is 10 mg / kg twice daily . If seizures are not reduced appropriately after a minimum of one week of treatment , the dose may be increased from 50 to 100% up to a maximum dose of 30 mg / kg administered twice daily .
• The tablets may be broken in half to adjust the dose of the dog's weight. Any party pills should be used in the next administration .
• greater bioavailability when administered to fasted dogs . The hours of the administration of the tablets in relation to meals must remain constant .
• Not evaluated the safety of the product in dogs weighing less than 5 kg or in dogs with compromised security such as renal, hepatic , cardiac , gastrointestinal or other .
• After the abrupt termination of treatment in dogs can be seen imepitoína mild muscle symptoms or behavior.
• Due to the nature of epilepsy vary pharmacological response to treatment. Some dogs not have seizures , others observe a reduced number of them, while other dogs may not respond to treatment. In nonresponders can be seen an increase in seizure frequency. When seizures are not adequately controlled , other measures should be considered diagnostic and other antiepileptic treatments .
• Although the effectiveness may not be complete , it is considered that a suitable option imepitoína treatment in some dogs by its safety profile .
• There has been investigated the efficacy of the veterinary in dogs with status epilepticus and cluster seizures . Therefore, the imepitoína not be used as primary therapy in dogs with cluster seizures and status epilepticus. The transition to other antiepileptic therapy should be done gradually and with appropriate clinical supervision .
• Experimental studies of four weeks , there was no loss of anticonvulsant efficacy ( development of tolerance ) for continuous treatment of four weeks.
Bottle of 100 tablets.
No customer reviews for the moment.