Dogs: For the treatment of canine congestive heart failure, valvular insufficiency derived (mitral and / or tricuspid) or dilated cardiomyopathy.
This product is no longer in stock
Ingredients: per tablet:
1.25 mg pimobendan.
2.5 mg pimobendan.
Pimobendan 5 mg.
Indications and species of destination: Dogs: For the treatment of canine congestive heart failure, valvular insufficiency derived (mitral and / or tricuspid) or dilated cardiomyopathy.
Contraindications: Do not use in cases of hypertrophic cardiomyopathies or clinical conditions where it is not possible an increase in cardiac functional or anatomical reasons (eg aortic stenosis).
Route of administration: Oral.
Dosage: Tablets should be administered orally at a dose of 0.2 mg to 0.6 mg pimobendan / kg body weight per day. The preferred dose is 0.5 mg pimobendan / kg.
- The dose should be divided in two administrations (0.25 mg / kg each), half in the morning and the other half approximately 12 hours later. The maintenance dose should be adjusted individually depending on the severity of the disease. The preferable daily dose is 0.5 mg / kg.
- The drug should be administered on an empty stomach, at least one hour before each meal, otherwise absorption will be reduced.
- Flavored medicine. To prevent accidental swallowing, the tablets should mantenere away from dogs.
- If the drug is administered to diabetic dogs must be strictly controlled glucose levels.
- Pimobendan is metabolized in the liver, so it is necessary to pay special attention when administered to dogs with severe hepatic impairment.
Special precautions: to be taken by the person administering the medicinal product to animals:
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice immediately and show the package insert or label.
- Wash hands after handling.
- Accidental ingestion, especially in children, can cause tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, facial flushing and headaches.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30 ° C. Keep any party pills in blister and administer within 3 days.
Packaging: 100 tablets flavored with 1.25 mg, 2.5 mg and 5 mg.
No customer reviews for the moment.