Inflammatory drug in oral chewable tablet based Mavacoxib.
Trocoxil comes in chewable tablets of 6 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 75 mg and 95 mg, containing 2 tablets per carton. The second dose is administered Trocoxil on the fourteenth day of the first, and thereafter, is administered once a month, which facilitates compliance with medication.
This product is no longer in stock
Mavacoxib is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) of coxib type. Is 4 [5-(4-fluorophenyl) -3 (trifluoromethyl) -1 H-pyrazol-1-yl] -benzenosulfonamida. It is a diarilsustituido pyrazole. Their main mechanism of action is inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX).
Mavacoxib preferably acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandin mediated by COX-2. It therefore possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. The metabolic products of COX-2 are also involved in ovulation, implantation and closure of the ductus arteriosus. Both COX-1 and COX-2 are found in the kidney and is believed to have protective roles in adverse physiological circumstances.
Mavacoxib is well absorbed after oral administration; bioavailability was 87% in fed dogs and 46% under fasting conditions and the recommended dose is based on administration with food.
Mavacoxib binds approximately 98% bound to plasma proteins.
Interactions and incompatibilities
• No interaction studies have been conducted with other drugs. As with other NSAIDs should not use Trocoxil other NSAIDs or glucocorticoids.
• If Trocoxil is administered simultaneously with an anticoagulant dogs must be carefully monitored.
• NSAIDs are highly bound to plasma proteins and may compete with other substances that also possess, so that concomitant administration may result in adverse effects. If other NSAIDs should be administered after treatment with Trocoxil, ensure a period of at least one month without treatment to avoid adverse reactions.
Indications and species of destination
Dogs 12 months or more: For the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with degenerative joint disease in dogs, in those cases where this indicated continuous treatment exceeding one month.
• Do not use in dogs less than 12 months and / or less than 5 kg.
• Do not use in dogs suffering from gastrointestinal ulceration or bleeding.
• Do not use in bleeding disorders.
• Do not use when renal or hepatic function are altered.
• Do not use in cases of heart failure.
• Do not use if pregnant or lactating.
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients.
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to sulfonamides.
• Do not use concomitantly with glucocorticoids or other NSAIDs.
• Sometimes there have been adverse reactions to NSAIDs such as loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, apathy, and impaired renal biochemical parameters and renal dysfunction. In rare cases can be fatal.
• If an adverse reaction to mavacoxib, his administration will be discontinued and general supportive therapy, clinical overdosage with NSAIDs is applied.
No customer reviews for the moment.